What the Friends of HCS do
The Society, which is a registered charity, depends on the support of the Friends to be able to continue rehearsing, hiring music, giving concerts and enriching the musical life of the community. For example, it costs £60 to hire the room for 1 rehearsal, at least £200 to have a professional soloist at a concert and hiring music costs over £300 per concert.
Benefits of being a Friend
· Two free tickets to the Autumn and Spring Concerts (worth up to £32)
· Letters informing Friends of concert dates and society news
· Friends’ names are printed (optional) in our Spring and Autumn concert programmes to record the Society’s gratitude for their support
What is involved
The minimum donation is £25 each year. Gift Aid is possible if you are a taxpayer and increases the value of your donation, but rules for Gift Aid mean that no tickets may be made available to Friends choosing to Gift-Aid their donations.
Your help is needed, please
Please consider becoming a Friend yourself and ask your family members, friends and work colleagues and business contacts if they would consider supporting Horsforth Choral Society. Further information and extra copies of this sheet and the form attached are available from the Friends’ Secretary or they can be downloaded from here:
· A one-off donation (£10 is the minimum contribution); such donations are eligible for Gift Aid.
· Sponsoring an item or part of an item of expenditure.
Donations and Sponsorship are normally acknowledged in our concert programme.